Thursday, September 8, 2011

Rain, Rain, Go Away

I know that all living things, like plants and people, need water to survive.  Seriously, the grass in my yard is nearly ankle-high.  It needs to be cut desperately, but with the rain not ENDing until sometime this weekend (a.k.a. prime mowing time) it likely won't be done til some point next week.  And I can live with that.

What I can't live with is my children (both my own and the ones I care for at work) being stuck inside for days on end due to weather.  They need to run and around and be silly.  I need them less wacky and goofy.  They need the sunshine (or even just clouds) and fresh air.  Sidenote: did anyone else know that playing outside actually BOOSTS the immune system?  

I am also having a hard time being grateful for Mother Nature's showers.  In some areas, all of the rain has led to massive floods and damage.  In other places, namely Texas, they can't buy a drop.  There are fires there burning out of control.  Farmers are literally selling livestock for $25 each.  They are desperate for the rain, and I wish I could send it to them.

Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment