Thursday, September 22, 2011

Last night I slept with Nathan. In his twin-sized bed.  All night.  With cats meandering in and out.  Sleep is not exactly the right word, considering I was kicked, elbowed, and whacked many times during the night.  When Nathan heard Joe's alarm clock the night was over.  At 6:25.  I got out of bed, feeling abused and more tired than when I first attempted bed last night. 
Keira has been going to bed around 7 or 7:30 in the evening, and sleeping nearly around the clock.  She is limited to a strict 2 1/2 hour nap during the week.  Not because I don't want her to sleep more, but I have to go to this thing called a job. Today, my little songbird of happiness was awake around 7:15.  When we got home at noon, it was nap time.  Or not.  She fussed, whined and sobbed for nearly an hour (moms have to take a shower sometime!).  I checked her diaper (clean) and put her back in the bed.  She had eaten well this morning so I didn't count on hunger being an issue.  Twenty minutes later I found myself going back up the stairs to retrieve the little miss.  She picked at her food, but did drink all of her milk.  Afterwards, I take her up the stairs, change her diaper, and put her to bed.  I am not even down the hallway when I hear her screaming again.  What is going on?!  Anyway, she finally fell asleep about 1:45.  We leave here for school/work at 2:40. 
In an ideal world, I would put both children down for a nap (or at least mandatory rest/quiet time) and I would then crawl into my bed for a nap as well.  But alas, I live in reality and this just isn't going to happen.  Guess it will be early to bed for me tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment