Monday, October 2, 2017

Somewhere in the blogosphere....

Once upon a time, I had a crazy idea to start a blog.  It went rather well the first several months.  Then there was the inevitable lull, followed by a few bursts of insight or ranting.  Fast forward three years, and you get to my last post--more than two years ago!! But, here I am, ready to try this again.

When I last wrote, I was planning on changing some things in my life--lose weight, take time for me, enjoy the quiet of my home, among others.  Well, I can proudly say that I have lost weight, about 25 pounds in two years (a total of nearly 70lbs lost since I started).  I found the courage and strength to try something new, via a friend of mine.  I don't follow it religiously, but if I find that my eating is out of control, or if my weight starts creeping up, then I go back to my trusty friend, the 21 Day Fix, via Beachbody.

So what else has changed since I last wrote?  I'm so glad you asked.  The following list is in no particular order. I hope I remember all the really good things that have happened!

I became a mini-van mom. I never thought I would, but I love my Honda Odyssey. The kids think it's pretty awesome, too (built-in DVD player).

I became a leader in Keira's Daisy Scout troop. She is now a first year Brownie, and will take cookie orders in January!  The real bonus, at least for me, is meeting more adults with whom I can interact.

I was diagnosed with ADD.  Who knew?  Not I.  Suddenly, so many things in my life were made clear. Why wasn't this caught sooner? I was a successful student, I was white, and I was female.  But that discussion is for another time.

Thanksgiving of last year was on the non-traditional side of things.  We, along with my mom and my bff, spent several days at Myrtle Beach. We had been planning to go to Edisto, but hurricane Matthew had other ideas.  It was Keira's first time on a South Carolina beach--she pretty much loved it! Also, we finally did make it to Edisto this summer--amazing as always.

In 2016, we took the kids "out west." Well, to the Midwest! We were headed to Chicago for a family wedding, so we added in a few stops along the way.  The kids got to see the Notre Dame campus and where Joe and I lived when we were first married.  We also saw many family members for the first time in many years. Good times.

In March of this year, our beloved tuxedo kitty Pepper died. He was nearly 17, and he had a good life. Joe and I were overwhelmed by the grief of losing this fur baby.  It was also the first "real" experience with death for Nathan and Keira.  They definitely took it hard.

In June, we brought home a new tuxedo boy named Checkers (originally Aragog) and a pretty torty girl named Paisley.  We have all really enjoyed watching the kittens grow and play.  Well, okay, Dusty hasn't really loved it!

There have been birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, and lots of new experiences. I truly hope to stick with this blog this time.  In some way, it makes me not feel so isolated and lonely--that other people are reading about my life, and reaching out.  Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment