So it appears that I have been nominated for a blog award! How cool is that? My sweet friend Valerie has nominated me for this, and I am totally blown away. I mean, I haven't even been blogging that long, and she thinks I am worthy of an award. Thanks!
This award is given to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers. Liebster is German and means sweetest, kind, lovely, endearing and welcome.
How it Works:
Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
Select up to 11 bloggers and link them to your post.
Go to their page and tell them.
No tag backs, and have fun!
11 Things About Me:
I love to read, especially fiction that is set in the South or at the beach. I also enjoys memoirs and cookbooks!
I have two cats: Pepper (12 yo male) licks/sucks/nurses my husband's ears, but will take mine if hubby isn't around. Dusty (8yo female) nuzzles/nurses an old blanket of mine.
I really enjoy driving a manual transmission car. Even my CR-V is a stick shift.
I was a virgin when I got married.
I use only Duke's Mayonnaise--yep, it's a big deal.
I took Latin in high school and in college. I also have a minor in Classics.
I am pretty low-maintenance: I don't wear make up (unless I need to dress up for something), and I don't use a hair dryer or any other styling aid or implement. I am a wash-and-go kinda girl.
I hate it when my food touches. I also hate when other people mix their food together and I have to look at it--makes me queasy.
I hate swimming in lakes. I really don't like walking in all that gooey stuff. I never got my swimming girl scout badge because of this. I also don't eat anything that comes from a lake.
I drank more alcohol before I was 21 than I have since. The thrill of it being illegal was great fun. If I were to have a drink, it would be a mixed drink. I don't do beer, ever. I don't prefer wine.
I can list my class schedules and teachers (in order) from middle school on. Totally bizarre, I know.
1. What is your biggest fear? Hmm. I do have fears of things like tall buildings and spiders, but my biggest fear is having my family harmed or maimed in some way. I don't think I could go on without them.
2. What is your favorite word? I honestly have no idea!
3. Are you a morning person or night person? I'd like to be a night person, but I have these two small children who don't seem to have any concept of time! One of these days I will get to stay up late and sleep in again!
4. If you could do things over again, would you? Any aspect of your life. Yes--I wish I had not been so afraid of rejection that I only applied to "safe" schools for college. Once in college, I wish I had tried more things, been a little edgier, been less depressed, and more curious.
5. What did you want to be when you grew up? I guess I always wanted to teach, in some form or another.
6. Nature or nurture? Darn, I have to choose one? I guess I would have to go with nurture--we could all use a little more love, support and understanding.
7. What is your favorite movie? My Fair Lady.
8. If you could change one thing about yourself, would you? What would it be? Yes--my teeth.
9. What has blogging done for you? Blogging has allowed me to be honest with, and about, myself. I write many of the things I am either afraid to say out loud, or that I fear judgement on. My blog is also a sounding board for me.
10. What would you like to do when you retire? I would love to walk the beach in the mornings, read or cook during the day, and walk in the surf again in the evening.
11. Describe yourself in just one word. Encouraged.
Here are YOUR questions:
- What is your proudest moment?
- Do you have any hobbies? Do you wish you did?
- Are there things you won't blog about, either for the sake of privacy or the nature of the topic?
- How would your define a good (not perfect) day?
- Do you have (a) guilty pleasure(s)?
- What do you miss most about your childhood?
- What is your favorite meal? What makes it so special?
- Are you obsessed with anything?
- What is the worst job you have ever had?
- What is your favorite part of being an adult/parent/grown-up?
- Where is the farthest place you have ever been?
mailto:Beth@The%20Angel%20Forever--Beth and I met in an online mommies group--we have learned an awful lot about each other these last 5 years!
Danielle@mostdaysiwin-- An amazing writer, cook and mom!
Kim@booknurd69-- fellow bibliophile, mayo connoisseur, and Southern female democrat
Emily@adancinglight-- I haven't known Emily for very long, but she has a special story, and handles things with such grace, and she has 2 very sweet pups
Thanks again, Valerie, for thinking of me! Have fun and enjoy!